Have a Question?


Enter your question in sentence form (e.g., How do I contact Simplii Financial?).
Do not include any confidential information, such as card or account numbers.

We matched your question to:

Do I need to provide the beneficiary's Social Insurance Number when I open an RESP?

Rate this response

Yes, you must provide a Social Insurance Number for the beneficiary (child) named in the RESP. This is also required to receive government assistance.

† Simplii Financial personal banking services are provided by the direct banking division of CIBC. Banking services not available in Quebec.
Close Window
powered by [24]7
Copyright © Simplii Financial