Have a Question?

Enter your question in sentence form (e.g., How do I contact Simplii Financial?).
Don't include any confidential information, such as card or account numbers.

We matched your question to:

Do I need to provide the beneficiary's Social Insurance Number when I open an RESP?

Rate this response

Yes, you must provide a Social Insurance Number for the beneficiary (child) named in the RESP. This is also required to receive government assistance.

"SIMPLII FINANCIAL" and the SIMPLII FINANCIAL DESIGNS are trademarks of CIBC. "Simplii Financial" is a division of CIBC. Banking services are not available in Quebec.
powered by [24]7